Wednesday, September 06, 2006

TDSS Hits Old Sac' - Part I

From the modern streets of Hollywood to the historic gold rush town of Old Sacramento, TDSS is experiencing all the personalities of California.



On the way to the State Capitol in 'new' Sacramento for a photo op with Ahhnode – but...no such luck, and the mounted police weren’t even giving out tickets for unauthorized use of stripes.

The Great Seal of California with Stone Cold Guilty and TDSS:



TDSS in “Old Sac” trying the patience of old west vendors and tourists alike. TDSS stopped at a place called Candy Heaven and promptly dressed the wooden cowpoke in style.



At the Indian Jewelry Trading Post we asked a nice wooden Indian if he'd like to try some color, for cryin' out loud.



Toward the end of our tour, we stopped for some much appreciated wine tasting and had a gander at the Old Eagle Theater.



Even the striking Sacramento County Workers protesting on Del Paso Boulevard got in on the act!



To be continued!

10 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it.

TDSS is getting a workout!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger CountryGirl said...

Too bad TDSS didn't get to hitch a ride in Ahhhnold's Hummer (he's Green? NOT!)!

Can't wait for part deaux.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger loretta said...

I had to pare down 21 pictures to about 15 or so. I can't get them all up on one entry so I'll post the rest tomorrow. That is, if Blogspot cooperates.

Nadine gave TDSS a great tour!

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so disappointed that I couldn't find Ahhnnold. I wanted him to meet with TDSS and discuss local poly-tics!

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Nadine! That must have been loads of fun.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Ronni said...

WooHoo!

Way too cute!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a blast! Hmm, there's still time...

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Ronni said...

Oddly enough, two of the places TDSS went in Sacramento are on my list for when it comes to Austin.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger loretta said...

I'm going to put the rest of the Sacramento trip up tonight! Blogspot is the worst upload program anywhere. Ack!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see which ones you pick, Loretta. I had a blast with TDSS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home